Why around eye requires different care than the rest of your face skincare routine?!
Around the eye is sensitive, and the skin is much thinner hence needs extra attention.
‘If your eyes are a window into your soul’, you need to pay extra attention and care for the skin around them.
Around the eyes has the thinnest and most sensitive skin also, it the first signs of ageing revels around our eye. Why is that? Because the skin around the eye area doesn’t have as many oil glands and collagen as the rest of your face and body, it is more prone to dryness, droopiness, fine lines, and wrinkle.
What to do and what to prevent?
- Always treat your eye skin with the right products and moisturiser. A good eye cream penetrates the area to deliver the needed hydration.
- Don’t use your regular face moisturiser or serum for your eyelid to get the job done. You need to use the eye cream designed explicitly for the eyelid as it might be too strong for the skin around the eye.
- The eye area is delicate, but that doesn’t mean you need to use a bland moisturiser. The best eye creams are the one that contains retinol, a vitamin A derivative.
- Dark circles are another common problem for the eye counter area. Sometimes even by having enough sleep, it won’t go away. That’s because there is a genetic component. It’s hard to get rid of entirely, but they’re a nice cream that contains caffeine of vitamin k, which can help with circulation to lighten the circles
- If you wake up in the morning with a puffy eye, it might be because of accumulated fluid around your eyes while you sleep. The common solution is to have a jade stone and keep it in the refrigerator, and in the morning, use it around the eye and gently massage the area; the Stone is available at the Elley Spa. The cooling action will help reduce puffiness and blood flow to reduce swelling.
- To reduce fine lines and wrinkles, the eye cream that contains retinol and retinoid can be used as retinol and retinoid are vitamin A derivatives that stimulate the skin cell and collagen production.
Elley SPA offers hyaluronic eye patches and eye massage and treatment at Elley Spa. For more information, feel free to contact us if you think you need some advice about eye care.